Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions govern your participation in 2015 altcineAction! Online Short Film Festival. All applications, audio-visual content and related material must be submitted online through the website www.altcineaction.com, which is responsible for technical and other support.
- The director/producer with the submission of his/her application accepts the terms of the Festival and has no objection to the submission process, screening, voting and election of prizes.
- The director/producer with the submission of the film affirms that he/she holds the copyright of all audio, video, images and music used in the film and he/she is responsible before the law.
- altcineAction! may request at any time (before or after your Submission has been accepted as a Festival entry) evidence to verify to Festival’s reasonable satisfaction that the information you provided in the Submission Form is true and/or that the Submission meets any relevant Eligibility Criteria. If, following a request, applicant fails to provide evidence of such matters which is satisfactory, altcineAction! reserves the right to disqualify the Submission and/or remove the Submission from the Festival.
- The decision on whether or not to accept a Submission as an entry into the Festival lies solely with altcineAction!, which may reject or accept a Submission in its sole discretion. The Festival also reserves the right to disqualify any submissions for profanity, gratuitous violence, or discrimination to race/gender.
- Applicant hereby grants altcineAction! to use all or part(s) of the film for promotional purposes; to use stills, biographical material etc., from the film for promotional purposes in Festival program and merchandise, to provide promotional material of the film for journalists to review, to show the film at press screenings and to exhibit the film during the Festival and at any time before and after the Festival.
- The Festival starts accepting submissions on December 1st 2015. Online screenings and voting period start after the first film has been made available online.
- The Festival has the “capacity” of 480 minutes of audiovisual content. Submissions will close once the 480 minutes have been filled. Submissions will be accepted on a “first come, first served” basis.
- The Festival reserves the right to extend or shorten the final duration of the audiovisual content in competition. Any such desicion shall be announced on the altcineAction! website.
- All accepted applicants and their film entries will be displayed within the Screening area of the Festival. The selected films remain accessible in the online archives unless requested otherwise by the film director/producer via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Voting period starts right away along with the screenings and closes on the 15th of January 2016.
- The Awards will be presented at a ceremony in Athens on 24th of January 2016.
- A selection of submitted films will be screened in Athens, Split, Cetate and Tirana in the frame of “The 5C Project”.
- Films which stay published on altcineAction! video library will be also presented thoroughly on altcine.com movie database.
- Submission is open to all Balkan filmmakers who have not directed more than one feature film, excluding employees at altcine, the sponsors and cooperating agencies.
- All applicants must come from one of the Balkan countries to be eligible: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Greece, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Turkey.
- Submissions are accepted for the following categories: Fiction, Documentary, Animation, and Experimental.
- The submitted film must have been completed between January 2013 and December 2015.
- The submitted film should NOT exceed 15 minutes and must have English subtitles.
- Audiovisual content can only be submitted once. Please make sure that the final and complete version of your film with English subtitles is corectly uploaded through altcineAction! submission form.
- The submitted audiovisual content must be of a high-quality, complying with Vimeo specifications.
- Any individual from around the world has the right to vote, and from now on will be referred as the “Voter”.
- The “Voter” can submit their votes and write critiques on the Festival’s online service. The critiques must be written in English.
- The “Voter” has the right to modify their verdict (vote/critique) at any time before the end of the voting period. Those who participate in the Festival competition agree not to contest the jury’s decisions through any legal process. The outcome of the judging procedure for the “altcineAction! Awards” is final.
- The results of the voting will be announced through altcineAction! website at the end of the Voting period. All ratings and critiques will be posted in a designated section under each film.
- Any “Voter” between the age of 18 and 35, who is not a professional film critic, and has written at least 5 critiques on altcineAction! 2015 films in competition, will automatically enter the “5C Project” contest.
- Award categories will be published on the Festival website on the first day of submissions.
- The first three Prizes will be awarded based on the public voting conducted through the Festival website.
- All the prizes are non-monetary. The winners will be notified by e-mail. All prizes must be claimed within three months of receiving the notification via e-mail, after which the winner forfeits his prize. The prizes in services could be modified in agreement between the winner and the sponsor.
You may also opt-out of our newsletter (if any) any time by sending a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org